Wednesday, June 13, 2012

WE HAVE A BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, it is true. The day I posted online that we were in the "waiting" period, I got a call from my social worker about a baby that was up for adoption in Uganda. I had completely written off the possibility of having a baby. I was expecting a 2 or 3 year old. I don't know that I have ever been more overwhelmed with emotion than the moment I saw a picture of my son. I was "freaking out", for about 3 days and I'm still so excited I don't know what to do with myself. It just feels like he is mine. I know I didn't grow him in my belly, but the love I already feel for this baby is so deep. The love both of our parents feel for this baby that we have only seen in photos is amazing. He is 5 months old. So right now we are waiting for our documents to be sent to Uganda and for them to give us a court date. I will give more specific information on our baby when we get our court date. For now we will call him Baby G.

Here are some specific things you can pray for:

1.)Smooth process of the courts looking at our stuff and giving us a court date.
2)That we do not get this particular Judge who will not rule in favor of an intercountry adoption. He only rules in favor of adoptions to take place with people who live in Uganda.
3)Finances- we are already being hit with some big fees and it is only going to get worse as we get closer to travel. We know God can provide for our needs.
4.) Pray for Baby G, and the ladies who care for him at his orphanage. Pray that his malnourishment has no lasting effects physically and mentally.
5.) Pray for us as we wait. I feel like all of my thoughts all day are about Baby G. I know it is only going to get harder as our love for him grows. As a mom, I just want to be there making sure he is well taken care of and loved on.

We know God has his hand in this, most people wait for months and months until they get a referral. We got one the day we started waiting. God is already blessing us and we are so thankful. We are also thankful for your prayers! We will need them even more as time progresses.

Did I mention, I'm a MOM!!!!!! Yes, I'm still freaking out!




2 comments:

  1. Yay!!!!! I am SOOOO excited for you. I will definitely be praying that everything goes smoothly and that you get Baby G in your arms SUPER FAST! Congrats!!!
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are rejoicing with you! So happy for you guys! Continuing to pray, Karen & Jonathan

    ReplyDelete