Monday, August 20, 2012

Baby Name


So, I'm finally out of the daze I was in when we found out. Today I really started working on his room. When I finish I'll post a picture. We are going to put scripture on his wall. This is it:

The Lord your God is in your midst,
a mighty one who will save;
he will rejoice over you with gladness;
he will quiet you by his love;
he will exult over you with loud singing.  Zephaniah 3:7

So, we have been going back and forth on the baby's name for a while. Originally we were going to name our son Jeremiah. Jeremiah is Jeff's favorite prophet and we both just like the name. But when we got the referral we found out the orphanage named him a biblical name: Gideon. I really wanted to keep his name. To me these sweet ladies have literally been by his side from near death until now he is a thriving baby boy. They named him Gideon and I wanted to honor those ladies and keep his name. So we decided to for sure call him Gideon. Now we just had to decide on a middle name. We went back and forth, but finally decided on Matthew Gideon. If you know my family Matthew is my middle brother and a great person for our son to be named after. My brothers have all named their kids after each other which I think is so great. If you know me you know how much my brothers mean to me. They all play a different role in my life. Brian is the oldest, he is my protector and I have always been his little girl, he has always had my heart. Matthew is the person I call when I'm upset. He is the one who comforts me when something is wrong and who has always given me Godly wisdom when I needed it. He and Laura have also been a huge support during the last several years.  Jarred is my bud. I love going home and staying up all night with him just hanging out. I would do anything for the men in my life. 

So Matthew Gideon Audirsch. If Gideon turns out half like his Dad and his namesake he will be an incredible man of God. 

I will post a picture of the room soon! I have a church shower next week and I am so excited. I can't even begin to express the love and support we have received from our church family. It is more than we could have ever dreamed of. 

Oh yeah, I have a feeling Gideon will mostly go by G Man, G dub, little G, or whatever else Jeff comes up with! 

Alicia 
P.S. Jeff parked in the Expectant Mommy's spot at Kroger tonight. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment