Thursday, August 16, 2012

I'm Leaving on a Jet Plane...... Going to get G man!

Yes, we leave in less than a month! We will leave on September the 10th to go to Uganda to get our baby. I can't believe it is here! I really didn't think our court date would come this fast. Today I have been in a daze. It feels like the day we got our referral, I am literally so excited I don't know what to do. Finally, the day I get to hold my child is within my grasp. I have been dreaming about this for so long. This morning I got up and pleaded with God to get us to Africa soon. I had no idea I would check my email and would already have a date!

So this is what will happen. We will go to Africa and meet G and spend about 5 days just getting to know him and bonding with him. He will probably get to stay with us at our hotel. We will probably play with the other children at the orphanage and hopefully site see. We want to get a good feel of Uganda and plenty of pictures for G to look at when he gets bigger. We will then go to court on the 17th of September. The Judge will have all our paperwork and witness reports and he will look through them and also look at how we have bonded with the child. We will come back within a few days to the court ruling. Since Jeff has 2 jobs, he will leave after court and my mom and I will stay behind with G. After the ruling mom and I will stay for who knows how long. It could be 2 weeks it could be 2 months. We will be waiting for the government to get his visa so we can take him to his embassy appointment. After we go to his embassy appointment we can then bring him home.

We appreciate your prayers during this whole process. Please continue to pray that travel and court goes well. We still have a lot to go through before we get to bring G home.

Alicia

2 comments:

  1. Praise God! Just asked your Mom yesterday about Gideon and what was going on! So excited for all of you. Continued prayers for the process to go smoothly and for God to use you to bring glory to Him. Love you, Cynthia Hawthorne

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for y'all!!!!! I don't think you need the visa for the embassy appt. You need the embassy appt for the visa, which is your approval to finally come home! Let me know what questions you have as they come, don't trust your agency to inform you of every little step. They sometimes get overwhelmed & forget to tell you some things.

    ReplyDelete